Coffee is an essential part of people’s daily lives. Morning routines for some people are not complete without a steaming mug of coffee. In fact, coffee statistics show that 52 percent of coffee lovers would rather skip a shower than go without coffee. 49 percent would rather live without their cell phones for 30 days than give up coffee. That’s why the best coffee maker is an essential equipment in most households. There is no better day than waking up to an aroma of a freshly-done mug of Java.
Thanks to modern technology, today’s coffee makers go beyond simply brewing a pot of joe. Some froth milk for unique drinks like macchiatos and lattes, others grind the beans, and some even brew iced coffee. Yes, there has been a lot of technological advancement in the coffee industry. With that said, if you are true coffee enthusiasts, you may want to consider investing in the best coffee machine for your kitchen, office, or anywhere you like enjoying your favorite cup.
So whether you are looking for the best French press coffee maker for home or office use, there will always be something extra for you in the market if you do your homework right. That is doing proper research, reading coffee maker reviews shared on various online retail sites, and asking questions. In fact, some of the best rated coffee makers are actually the best picks.
- 1 The Best Coffee Makers For 2020 Reviews
- 1.1 #1. Best Drip Coffee Maker: Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Brewer
- 1.2 #2. Best Espresso Machine: Breville the Barista Express
- 1.3 #3. Best Single Serve Coffee Maker: Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker
- 1.4 #4. Best Tasting Coffee Maker: OXO Brew 9 Cup Coffee Maker
- 1.5 #5. Best Coffee and Espresso Machine Combo: Breville Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine
- 1.6 #6. Best Pour Over Coffee Maker: Hario Ceramic Coffee Dripper
- 1.7 #7. Best Coffee Maker With Grinder: Cuisinart Grind & Brew Thermal 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker
- 1.8 #8. Best Rated Coffee Maker: Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker
- 1.9 #9. Best Small Coffee Maker: Keurig K-Mini Plus Coffee Maker
- 1.10 #10. Best Pod Coffee Maker: Breville-Nespresso Usa Citiz Espresso Machine
- 2 How To Use A Drip Coffee Maker?
- 3 How To Clean A Drip Coffee Maker
- 4 Conclusion
The Best Coffee Makers For 2020 Reviews
Thanks to technology, you can now brew coffee in different ways, depending on how you like it. Whether you are a cold brew, pour over, or any other type of coffee, there is an affordable coffee maker for that. A thousand and one companies have pushed through the coffee industry market all claiming to be the best–making it difficult to find a coffee maker. So how do you find the best coffee maker? Do you just pick the most expensive? Or go for the first one you come across? Whichever criteria it is, you are getting it all wrong, and that’s why you are here. To help make things easier for you, we tested some of the world’s most celebrated coffee machines and came up with our list. Here are the top 10 best coffee makers to go for in 2020.
#1. Best Drip Coffee Maker: Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Brewer
Apart from making coffee faster than you can decipher, the Technivorm Moccamaster coffee brewer comes in 28 amazing colors! So, whether you are looking for a machine that will blend with your favorite suit, or with your home or office decor, you will find it here. This coffee machine easily earned itself the first position due to its simplicity, workability, and flawless design. It boasts several mind-blowing features like a copper boiling element that keeps water at optimal temperature. It also comes with an automatic drip-stop that prevents nasty overflowing and mess when you remove the carafe. Appreciated as one of the best drip coffee maker by America’s test kitchen and backed by a five-year warranty, Moccamaster is likely to be the one last coffee machine you will buy.
It’s durable, super easy to clean, and efficient enough to keep your favorite liquid hot for longer. While it commands a high price, it is just worth it.
#2. Best Espresso Machine: Breville the Barista Express
Everyone seems to be losing a marble over the best grind and brew coffee maker–Breville barista express espresso machine. It is also why it is the second in our list and also one of the best burr coffee grinder we have on the list. If you are new to making espresso at home, then you have some learning to do. Having an inbuilt grinder means that you can grind any roast bean on demand, and it will deliver the correct amount. While it comes with many buttons, they are all labeled to help you understand their functions. There is even a ‘clean me’ button that lets you know it’s cleaning time. Amazing!
It is made of stainless steel material that makes it look busy and ready for business. You will like the beastly performance that turns your beans into fine coffee in minutes and the solidness that comes with it. It comes with a hot water dispenser to make things simpler for you. Every tool and accessory needed is included in the package, so you don’t need to buy anything. This small beast is a bit taller than average coffee makers, so you may want to consider your kitchen counter when purchasing it. Considering the features, the average price is quite exceptional.
#3. Best Single Serve Coffee Maker: Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker
Looking to brew coffee effortlessly from wherever you are? The Keurig K-classic offers you precisely that and more! In fact, it landed on our third position because its one of the best keurig coffee maker in the markets currently. This innovative brewer has a simple interface with intuitive button controls and a whopping 48-ounce water reservoir to help you brew eight freshly made coffee for family members or office colleagues. It is equipped with a drip tray to capture the spills and avoid making a mess through nasty spills. That makes it a good office companion because you won’t have to worry about messing your desk. The auto turn-off feature also ensures that you don’t need to babysit your brewer as it does its magic. It is also to save your energy bill and fire hazards.
Apart from the great looks, the Keurig is quite affordable. And there is another great feature! Descaling; this feature helps make cleaning much easier for you as it removes the scale or calcium deposits that build up after prolonged use of your best coffee maker. By simply inserting your pod and selecting your desired cup size, you are ready to have a great-tasting cup of coffee in a minute. If you are looking for the best pod coffee maker in this list, then you are looking at one right now!
#4. Best Tasting Coffee Maker: OXO Brew 9 Cup Coffee Maker
For a unique cup of coffee that is certified by the Speciality Coffee Association, get the OXO BREW, coffee maker. This brewer made its way to our fourth position for many reasons. The main one is its cutting-edge innovative technology that brings forth impressive features. Apart from the sleek design, you get to enjoy a flavor-rich cup of coffee each morning. The secret behind this fantastic taste is that the machine replicates the handmade pouring technique, which is coupled and improved using technology. In simple terms, it is a small automated barista. It is user-friendly and programmable and uses one dial for programming. It is similarly connected with a microprocessor that sets the time and adjusts it depending on how you want your coffee done.
The temperature control is fantastic and helps keep your coffee at the best temperature ( not too hot, not too cold). The design guarantees real extraction and real taste, and the stainless steel material ensures everything comes with a sleek look. However, you will need a pretty generous wallet to bag it home.
#5. Best Coffee and Espresso Machine Combo: Breville Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine
Another excellent machine for espresso fans is the Breville Duo Temp Pro Espresso machine. This powerful beast has an exceptional performance as it brews your coffee just the way you want it. It comes with excellent control for temperature and pressure, making it the ideal espresso producer. The design is sleek, and the functionality is just right, making it our best manual coffee grinder. It is simple to use even a first-time espresso machine owner can get the concept right. It comes with two cup filter baskets, meaning that you can make two espresso shots at a time. It provides you with full control over the volume of espresso you want to produce.
There is a steaming wand to steam and froth milk and a 61-ounce water tank capacity, just enough for the whole family. Cleaning is much simplified as the brewer comes with a filter basket, but the dual-wall traps grounds in between the walls. Therefore, make sure you pay some attention to the walls to avoid clogging the machine. With that said, there is no mess to your counter. However, it does not withstand heavy use, but it can work great for office use. The price is slightly above average, considering the features.
#6. Best Pour Over Coffee Maker: Hario Ceramic Coffee Dripper
Looking for something stylish that will not only add style to your office decor but also make great coffee? the Hario, ceramic coffee dripper is a perfect choice. This brewer is the best pour over coffee maker that is designed with beautiful spiral rib walls and a massive hole at the bottom. These ribs ensure that there is adequate airflow to help keep grounds away from the walls, creating balanced extraction. From the look of it, you can tell that it is easy to clean–as simple as tossing the filter, rinsing and allowing it to dry. No hard technical or small pieces to detach and attach later. On top of that, the price is inviting, making it our best coffee maker under 100.
The ceramic material makes it durable and sleek. It also comes in many colors such as white, red, black, brown, copper, silver, olive wood, and clear. Whatever your color is, there is something for you. If the ceramic material worries you, you can always go for the plastic or metal material, but for more robust and quality heat retention, the ceramic is terrific. With consistent production of a complex cup of coffee, the Hario Ceramic is second to none.
#7. Best Coffee Maker With Grinder: Cuisinart Grind & Brew Thermal 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker
The Cuisinart Grind & brew thermal is another best coffee maker with a grinder. This machine is not fully programmable but finely grinds your beans to produce the perfect, richest flavor for every cup. The display and overlap design look like a high-end machine that is serious and ready to get to business. The programmable features helps make sure that you have a unique cup of coffee. It grinds the beans before brewing the coffee to give you the needed richest, freshest flavor. There is a 24-hour programmable feature, an automatic shut-off , and brew -pause. It also comes with additional accessories that will be useful to you, including a measuring book. There is also a permanent charcoal water filter and gold-tone filter that help improve the rich flavor.
Additionally, there is a thermal carafe made of a double insulated wall and a stainless-steel material and a comfortable grip handle. If you want your coffee grounds finer, you can always achieve that by using ground control. It requires constant cleaning to keep it efficient. So if you need the best manual coffee grinder that will give you value for money, the Cuisinart is a great choice.
#8. Best Rated Coffee Maker: Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker
Want to make cappuccinos and lattes in minutes effortlessly, then get yourself the Keurig K-cafe, coffee maker. This machine is also the best k cup coffee maker in our list as it delivers your coffee just right. Apart from its simple, minimalistic design, this brewer is a robust decent espresso-like machine. By just looking at it, you can tell that it is a little different with a mix-up Y design that comes with K machines. It is a large circular curve with fewer details, and the k-cup is made of metal. You can choose 6, 8, 10, or 12 cups of coffee depending on the amount you want, and there is a button to control how strong you want the concentrate to be. If you travel a lot, the keurig coffee maker can accommodate your travel mug.
There is nothing electric in it. So, it’s very easy to clean. The frother also does not come with a non-stick coating. That means it can go into the dishwasher, but that is not necessary. A simple run through the faucet is enough to get it all clean. Going by the ratings and reviews, the Keurig k-cafe is also among the best rated coffee maker. If you are looking for the best k-cup coffee maker under $200, the keurig k-cafe fits perfectly.
#9. Best Small Coffee Maker: Keurig K-Mini Plus Coffee Maker
Looking for something compact for your tours and quick morning routines? The Keurig K-Mini plus coffee maker with a pod storage unit fits perfectly in your budget. This small brewer comes in a variety of colors to match the occasion. It is less than 5 inches wide, meaning that it can fit in any medium-sized bag. There is a drip tray to keep the mess away, and if you are using a travel mug, you can remove the drip tray to fit the mug snugly. It also allows the use of other refillable cups too. To top it all, it is affordable–one of the best cheap coffee makers in our list. Don’t mistake the size with functionality; the Keurig mini delivers your coffee as you intend it to be in the shortest time possible.
The Keurig K-mini plus was built for convenience. It features several brewing options to make things much simpler for you. You won’t have to worry about storage space and portability. It is also energy efficient and turns off after one and a half minutes. We will also be selfish if we don’t mention the sleek design that comes in several outdoor colors. With that, we can’t argue that it is the best single-serve coffee maker.
#10. Best Pod Coffee Maker: Breville-Nespresso Usa Citiz Espresso Machine
Meet the best pod coffee maker in our list, which comes with just two settings. This modest brewer delivers the quality of espresso you need every time you want it. The size is average to fit any space in your kitchen or office. It comes with a frother, an information folder, an instruction manual, and a complimentary pack of pods for a good start. The design is simple and unique with small footprints. A single glance at it, and you won’t understand what it is and what type of machine it is as it does not directly announce its function. That also means that it is ridiculously easy to use, and even a beginner to Nespresso can figure it out. The two settings produce either a single or double shot.
What makes this brewer even more intriguing and unique is the fact that it does not come with an independent power button. You just need to push either of the buttons available, and you are set, ready for a coffee journey. And that’s not all. The machine remembers your choice, so you won’t have to tell it what to make next time
How To Use A Drip Coffee Maker?
Did you know that many coffee lovers don’t know how to make their own simple cup of coffee? Long ago, we would give a quick stop at Java, get our coffee and drive off, but that has changed now. Today, we can all be baristas in our homes and offices. The classic automatic drip coffee maker is an excellent place for beginners. The main reason to go for a drip machine is that it is easy, consistent, and versatile to work with and brew any coffee you want.
However, don’t confuse simple for basic. You can get consistent quality with a manual method, but the secret lies behind the proper machine, good cleaning, maintenance, and filtered water. It is easy to achieve this with the best home coffee maker. So how do you use a drip coffee maker? Here is a step by step guide on how you can make your coffee at home. Let’s do this!
- Fill your reservoir with enough cold water: Depending on the amount of coffee you want to make and the size of the reservoir, add enough water. You can use the marking available by your drip coffee maker to measure the water. If you can run your tap water through a filter, that would be great for your coffee and your coffee maker. The best coffee makers function best when clean filtered water is used. Bottled water can also work but not distilled as it lacks some minerals needed to make flavors richer.
- Prepare the filter: If your drip coffee maker requires a filter, make sure you fold the edges in opposite directions before putting it in the filter basket. For a flat-bottomed filter, just use it as it is and place it inside the filter basket. The best coffee makers come with reusable stainless steel; these don’t require any preparation.
- Measure your coffee. Depending on the type of brewer you are using, this step may need you to grind your beans if it comes with a grinder. Some grinders have a unique ‘drip’ setting. When grinding, the most important thing to keep in mind is the size of your grounds as they impact the overall taste of your coffee. Note the grinder setting, so that you may adjust it the next time when brewing. After grinding, add your coffee grounds to the prepared filter and place the basket back into the brewer. The more coffee you prepare, the more coffee you will need to put in the filter. However, this heavily depends on the kind of coffee you are making. With that in mind, the ratio of water to coffee may vary, but the primary ratio is two tablespoons for 6 ounces of water. Some coffee makers come with an instruction manual on the amount of water and coffee to use.
- Turn on the power button and wait for your coffee to compete. If your machine has extra features such as strength selector, you can always adjust this to your desire. The brewing process should take between two and five minutes, depending on the kind of machine you use. Some devices are faster than others. This has nothing to do with taste but efficiency. Some brewers start brewing immediately when they are plugged in while others require you to push the power button. Additionally, the modern machines now have an auto-off button to turn off the machine when brewing is done. Even if you are in a hurry, make sure you wait till the coffee is wholly made before pouring.
- Remove your paper and clean your machine: When the coffee is done, remove your paper filter, toss it away, and prepare your machine for some cleaning. Cleaning immediately is much easier as no grounds are sticking around, and the entire brewer is wet. Some devices require minimal cleaning, while others require a lot of dissembling to get them clean. For mesh filters, you need to clean them–don’t throw them.
- Serve and enjoy: Coffee is to be enjoyed when hot and fresh. If you are not taking your coffee immediately, transfer the contents to a thermos flask to maintain its temperature. If your machine comes with a glass carafe and a warming plate, remove the carafe off the warming plate. This is to keep the heat of the plate from making the coffee bitter. When drinking, pay a lot of attention to the taste to help you make a better cup next round.
How To Clean A Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee machines are typical hotbeds for yeast and bacteria, which means due diligence in cleaning is inevitable. The good part is that it’s an easy process. In fact, most coffee makers are made with easy to clean materials. Your coffee maker cleaning materials do not go beyond soap, vinegar and water if you rarely use it.
However, once in a while, you need to perform a thorough cleaning to ensure the machine works at its optimum level. If you use your coffee maker every day, cleaning should be done correctly with soap and water to keep the brewer fresh and clean for the next day’s use. So how do you do it? Here is our step by step instructions that you can follow.
- Prepare your cleaning items and remove the removable parts, and set them aside for cleaning. If your coffee maker is a complicated device, where there are a lot of things to remove, take your time to do so to avoid losing or breaking the delicate. For such high-end machines, preparation is vital.
- Empty the carafe and grounds and create your cleaning solution. Empty and rinse the carafe and rinse off any coffee grounds around the filter. Your cleaning solution should be partly water and partly vinegar.
- Pour the solution into the water reservoir. Fill the tank with this solution. You can use the readings in the carafe to guide your water and vinegar solution measurements.
- Turn your coffee maker on and begin a brew cycle, and midway in the cycle turn off the brewer and let the solution sit in the machine for an hour.
- After one hour, finish the cycle.
- When the cycle is complete, discard the vinegar solution and run a clean, freshwater cycle. This time no vinegar; just clean water and run a full brew cycle with water alone and repeat the procedure two more times while allowing the coffee maker to cool off slightly in between the brews.
- Wipe down the exteriors of the coffee maker and then wash the filter basket and the carafe in hot soapy water. Rinse them off and dry them in a rack or with a clean towel. Reassemble the machine, store it and look forward to another great cup of coffee.
When it comes to coffee makers, you get what you paid for. Nothing more, nothing less. So, keep in mind that you are choosing a lifetime companion who will diligently brew coffee for you. You don’t want to start the day on the wrong side, just because your coffee maker broke down or didn’t deliver right. It pays to invest, especially if you are buying something that you really need because you will be using it every day. With that said, we thought you should know our recommendation, which goes to our top pick, the Technivorm Moccamaster Coffee Brewer.
With such a coffee maker in your home or office, you will never complain about bitter-tasting or poor-quality coffee because this machine was made to give you what you deserve and much more. Be sure that you won’t ever need to hit the shops for a coffee maker because the Technivorm is made to live long unless you are getting an addition, of course. It is just the right investment when it comes to coffee machines.
We hope you found our recommendations helpful and hope you find an excellent coffee maker for all your daily activities. Happy shopping!